View our EYFS policy
Aims of the Early Years Foundation Stage
The Cornerstone Academy Trust implements the requirements of the Early Years Foundation Stage Statutory Framework. It sets out how the Academy takes a holistic approach to children’s well-being, education and health. The EYFS refers to children from birth to five years of age. At Cornerstone Academy Trust, this refers to children between the ages of 2 and 5.
At Cornerstone Academy trust we aim to:
- Deliver the standards for the learning, development and care of young children as set out in the Statutory Framework for the Early Years Foundation Stage
- Support the development of active and inquisitive learners encouraging children to be imaginative, creative, curious and critical thinkers.
- Ensure teaching nurtures, engages and motivates children
- Ensure the provision offers rich, varied and imaginative learning experiences
- Ensure that learning and development is planned around the needs and interests of the children and informed by the use of on-going observational assessment.
- Ensure that every child makes good progress and no child is left behind
- Create the framework for partnership by working with parents, professionals and other settings that the child attends
The Early year’s experiences we offer our children are based on the following four guiding principles:
- Unique Child
- Positive Relationships
- Enabling Environments
- Learning and Development